Neal Phillips: Home
WELCOME to my web site...
I'm also part of the "farsighted" folk trio
Check out my new CD !
(available at CDBaby.com)
My previous CD is "Clair de Loon" (2007)
songs written by Mike Pearrell,
John Seay, and others - tunes that I wanted
to share with everyone I know. I saved
the title track for myself, though.
And almost good as new, "STILL LIFE" (2006)
is available at
one before that?
(funny you should ask...)
LOVEGROVE STREET (2002)
SOME PITHY QUOTES:
"LOVEGROVE STREET" is a collection of thought provoking, imaginative and humorous songs which leaves the listener wanting more. Neal's intelligent lyrics, strong melody lines and mesmerizing voice work together to create a musical tapestry." (Robert Matter, Review on CDBaby.com)
"The song which endeared the CD to me is his rendition of The Ash Grove... The arrangement is very simple, yet profound and lovely." (David Thornburgh, Folk Notes)
"Midwinter's Night is lovely and a keeper." (Dirty Linen)
FOLK RADIO AIRPLAY:
- Traditions (WETA, Mary Cliff)
- The Midnight Special (Rich Warren)
- The Folk Sampler (Mike Flynn)
- Detour (WTMD, Paul Hartman)
- The Folk Show (North Country Public Radio, Mike Alzo)
- Heartfelt Music (John & Deanne Davis, KPFK, Los Angeles)
-- "One Small Thing" - recorded by Glenn & Holly Yarbrough on "Family Portrait" (Folk Era Records)
-- "Oh Freedom/Mississippi Summer '64" - (cowritten with Greg Trafidlo & Laura Pole) recorded by Trifolkal on "Freedom is a Constant Struggle" (Folk Era Records)
-- "The Tumbler" - (cowritten with Greg Trafidlo) recorded by Seamus Kennedy on "A Smile and a Tear"
-- "Whatcha Gonna Leave" - (cowritten with Greg Trafidlo) recorded by Lee Domann on "Gospel Trail"
- "Starbucks of County Down" (First Prize, Novelty /Comedy Category, USA Songwriting Contest, 2009)
- "Starbucks of County Down" (Gold Prize, Open Category, Mid-Atlantic Songwriting Contest, 2003)
- "Carolina Sky" (First Prize, Folk Category, Louisville Area Songwriters Cooperative, 1994)
- "Magical Forest" (Best Earth Day Song, Stuart, Florida, 1990)